Tax manager resume has to be written in a very detailed manner. A tax manager has to prepare tax returns and manage the people in the department of tax in the concerned company. They are basically managers, although they are required to do other jobs such as taking care of overall tax returns of the company and provide income tax advice to the concerned clients.
Tax managers prepare federal, state and local tax returns of corporate firms. They ensure that the transactions are properly recorded in line with the applicable laws. The role of a tax manager in an organization is to provide and oversee income tax services for the clients. A career as a tax manager can be a rewarding job.
A resume has to be a very engaging document that is full of relevant information that will help the recruiter decide whether your profile matches the job profile that they are hiring for. This is all the more reason to include some highlight-worthy information in your resume.
You will find here a good sample tax manager resume. This resume clearly highlights the applicant’s objectives, core competencies, qualifications and work history. This resume will help you to build an effective and perfect resume. We hope that this resume will work well towards getting an interview call from your prospective employer.
Below is a resume that will meet the requirements of your prospective employer.
Sample Tax Manager Resume
1234 Main Court
Phone: 257 356 7895
To gain the position of a Tax Manager wherein my knowledge and skills in taxation will be utilized in a renowned organization.
Summary of Qualifications
- Seven years of progressive experience in public accounting tax
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and accounting skills
- In-depth knowledge of tax related laws and regulations
- Excellent business development skills and handle tax related issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of Tax software, Microsoft Word, Spread sheet and the Internet
- Ability to prepare benefit fund, real estate and business tax returns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state tax provisions
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and negotiation skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
Summary of Work History
AB Corporate Finance, California
June 2005–till date
- Performs tax research and planning as well as promotes tax strategies
- Drafts technical memos and conducts technical analysis and research
- Analyze clients for applicability of tax strategies and accounting methods
- Prepares and reviews federal and state income taxes for clients
- Hires, trains, reviews and evaluates the performance of staff
- Communicates and handles issues regarding the preparation of tax returns
- Handles the tasks of managing tax assignments and other projects as required
- Maintains and builds a good relationship with clients
The Ingersol Group, California
April 2003–December 2004
- Prepares state and federal tax returns as well as sales tax returns
- Responsible for preparing financial statements and payroll tax returns
- Handles accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Performs tax research to assist tax planning and compliance as required
- Responsible for strategic tax planning and managing tax policies
- Provides clients with innovative tax planning and strategies
Master’s degree in Taxation
University of California, California in the year 2003
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts
Centre of Financial Learning, California State in the year 2000
Certified Public Accountant, California State in the year 2001
Member of Tax Accountant Business Association, 2003
Name: Mike Fernando
Date of Birth: 13/1/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request.