This medical collector resume contains relevant information for the position. A clear objective, skills, responsibilities and qualifications is also mentioned for your reference. This resume is drafted in a reverse chronological format. You can get all vital sections that will assist you towards drafting an impressive resume. Feel free to review and get basic guidelines of effective resume writing.
A medical collector works in a medical billing department. Medical collector collects due bills for the medical services rendered. A medical collector handles collecting and verifying all debts relating to healthcare like surgeries, hospitalizations, and routine checkups. Medical collector oversees a variety of processes pertaining to the collection of bills from clients.
This sample provides complete guidance of writing an impressive resume. You can customize this sample towards creating a complete resume.
Sample Medical Collector Resume.
69 N. Grant Street, Mid Lake City, California 84301
Cell: 988- 598-1331
Summary of Objective:
To obtain the position of a medical collector, where I can contribute my skills and experience in an esteemed health care organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the process and procedures of medical billing and coding
- Possess excellent knowledge of medical terminology and health care practices
- Familiar with the rules and regulations of Federal Trade Commission
- Possess excellent knowledge of handling administrative and clerical tasks
- Skilled in handling and solving customer quires
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Spreadsheet
- Attention to detail with excellent communication skills
Christ Memorial Hospital, California
June 2005 till date
- Handle the tasks of maintaining payment record on computer and verify the same for accuracy
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining Medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings and monitoring collections
- Perform the tasks of collecting delinquent medical accounts by making payment arrangements with hospitals, patients, and insurance companies
- Handle responsibilities of securing outstanding balance payments from insurance companies and Medicare
- Perform billing, rebilling, follow-up and collections on third-party accounts to obtain final payment from insurance agencies
- Responsible for calling insurance carriers regarding unpaid claims
City Medical Care Aid, California
April 2001 to May 2004
- Responsible for communicating with clients via phone regarding overdue bills and accounts
- Perform the tasks of creating individually tailored payment plans in accordance with the financial condition of patients
- Handle responsibilities sending letters to third-party companies and patients to collect on delinquent medical accounts
- Assign tasks of reviewing patient information to determine unpaid claims and perform research on denied claims
- Responsible for providing assistance to Medicare collector and medical staff in areas of billing medical expenses
- Handle customer queries and provide solution for the same
- Perform special projects under the supervision of medical supervisor
Achieved high school diploma
Middle lane school, California in the year 1997
Name: Annie Smith
Date of Birth: 23.05.1974
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Married
Will be furnished upon request