Entry level staff accountant resume should concentrate more on the educational background and the credentials of the candidate. Because the candidate’s experience will not come in handy in this position, you have to make sure the recruiter finds your resume fit for the position.
During the initial stage of a job, the candidate will be expected to learn and show potential for growth, therefore try to highlight points that portray you as a fast learner and a person who has a thirst for knowledge. Accounting is a field that has a place in all industries. Therefore, you can join in one type of an industry and move over to another with ease. This will, in fact, add to your profile and help the recruiter make a decision.
This sample of professional entry level staff accountant resume will guide you on how to make your resume strong and effective. This resume will surely help you to get your desired profile. You can go through the sample and make changes as per your skills and job requirements. This resume will help you to present yourself as the suitable applicant for the position.
Entry level accountant is the financial record keeper of the organization. To enter into the profile, one needs to have basic knowledge of accounting practices and standards. The role of an entry level accountant is to maintain and update financial records and statements of the organization.
Here, you will find a resume that will tell you more about the essential tips and techniques of writing a good resume.
Sample Entry Level Accountant Resume
66 S. Bailey Ct.
Baton Rouge, LA 70332
Phone no.: 504 666 4557
To obtain an Entry Level Accounting Position to make use of my accounting skills in a renowned organization.
- Good knowledge of accounts payable analysis, report processing, and general ledger
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Advance knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft office applications
- Attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills
- Familiar with general accepted accounting principles and standards
- Good customer service skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good team player with time management skills
- Good analytical, written and oral communications skills
Summary of Work History
Global IT services, Los Angles
June 2005–till date
Entry Level Accountant
- Handle the tasks of reviewing various general ledger accounts as well as preparing various account records
- Responsible for verifying and reviewing purchasing commitments
- Performs tasks of handling all vendor payments and accounts payable functions
- Assigns the responsibilities of reviewing of indirect rate applications
- Assist senior accountants in preparing monthly and yearly statements
- Prepares financial reports by analyzing financial information in an accurate and timely manner
Bright Vista Services, Los Angles
April 2003–December 2004
Entry Level Accountant
- Responsible for making calculations and verifying various types of financial data for maintaining accurate accounting statements
- Handle the task of maintaining and determining records of profits, assets, loss, liabilities and tax liabilities
- Prepare and maintain weekly and monthly financial statements of the organization
- Coordinate with senior accountants month-end general ledger
- Prepares journal entries and handles monthly account reconciliation
- Responsible for compiling monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages
- Handles other clerical tasks as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Accounting & Business Learning Centre, Los Angles State in the year 2000
Name: Jennet T. Robinson
Date of Birth: 13/01/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request