Employer often judge applicants from the resume itself. A good resume leads to an interview call. In order to draft an effective resume, we need to know a lot on the format and style of resume. You can consider this diet technician resume as a complete and effective guidance towards drafting a resume in the effective way. With this resume, you can create the impression of a perfect applicant at the first glance.
A diet technician works under the supervision of a dietician and nutritionist. Diet technician helps to plan and prepare meals that are nutritious and satisfying. Some of the responsibilities of a diet technician include preparing meals and nutritional programs, monitoring the nutritional status and requirement of patients and providing guidance on healthy eating. One can work for the profile in hospitals, nursing homes, day care and fitness centres.
The given resume example is for your reference. This sample will enhance your skills of drafting an effective resume.
Sample Diet Technician Resume
Marc R. RHOADES
401 Bright wood Dr.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60312
Summary of Objectives:
Seeking the position of diet technician and work under the supervision of dietitians in planning and producing diets, teaching principles of food and nutrition based on established guidelines.
Summary of skills:
- More than three years of work experience in the field
- Possess excellent knowledge of food and nutrition
- Good management, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and the Internet
- Possess good logical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
World of Fitness, Illinois
June 2005 till date
- Responsible for preparing nutritional programs and evaluating the same under the guidance of registered dietician
- Perform the tasks of planning and preparing meals as well as order food and supplies of patients
- Handle responsibilities of providing direct nutritional therapy to patients
- Responsible for educating patients on healthy eating and document their dietary intake
- Perform the tasks of obtaining and evaluating dietary histories of individuals to plan nutritional programs
- Deliver speeches on nutrition, diet and health to promote healthy eating habits and illness prevention and treatment
Health Care Hospital, Illinois
April 2001 to May 2004
- Handle responsibilities of observing patient food intake and update report progress and dietary problems to dietician
- Perform the tasks of analyzing menus and recipes, standardize recipes and test new products
- Responsible for preparing major meal by following recipes and determining group food quantities
- Handle the tasks of supervising food production and service and assist dietitians and nutritionists in supervising and planning food service
- Identify food and beverage costs as well as assist in implementing the procedures of cost control
- Assist dietician in researching food, nutrition and food service systems
Certified dietetic technician, Illinois
Achieved Associate degree in Food and Nutrition
University of Illinois in the year 1997
Name: Marc R. RHOADES
Date of Birth: 23.05.1974
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Married
Will be furnished upon request