Cost accountant resume should contain the credentials in a chronological manner. The financial education background should be elaborated and more importance should be given to any sort of work experience. The resume should be written keeping in mind the field that you are applying for. You have to be clear and be precise when giving information. Break it into chunks.
This page gives you detailed ideas on how to draft a cost accountant resume. You will know more about writing an effective resume. This resume includes all vital sections required to build up a best and complete sample. Feel free to make changes and use it as a reference for your job application.
Cost accountant measures and allocates the cost of services and product of the organization. The responsibilities of a cost accountant vary according to the manufacturing process of the organization. Cost accountant usually works in a manufacturing industry.
Cost accountant is required in many industries. They work alone or in the financial department of an organization. They have to work in coordination with the rest of the staff to collect, store and evaluate financial data.
Here, you will find a resume that will meet your requirement of writing a good resume for the position.
Sample Cost Accountant Resume
1234 Main Court
Phone no.: 257 356 7895
To gain the position of a Cost Accountant in an organization wherein my cost analysis skills will prove effective in handling internal accounting systems.
Summary of Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of cost accounting process and techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing processes, policies and procedures
- Good mathematical concepts and technical writing skills
- Excellent multitasking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel programs
- Excellent decision-making skills and ability to work out with independent judgment
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities efficiently and meet deadlines
- Proficient in working with multiple projects simultaneously
Summary of Work History
Celion Colortext Inc, California
June 2005–till date
- Responsible for analyzing materials and production costs, product development, and costs of sales
- Handle the tasks of analyzing actual manufacturing costs
- Responsible for preparing periodic reports by comparing budget costs to actual production costs
- Performs tasks like maintaining the inventory system to maintain integrity and standardization
- Administer and reconcile the credit card purchasing program of the organization
- Negotiates vendor terms, delivery and pricing based on schedule requirements and specific budget
- Responsible for analyzing and monitoring raw material inventory
Ameca Associates Inc, California
April 2003–December 2004
- Responsible for constructing data accumulation systems for the cost accounting systems of the organization
- Performs the tasks of creating and reviewing the controls required for reporting and data accumulation systems
- Provides accurate level of costing information to management team
- Updates bill of material standard costs as well as reports on break-even points by products
- Performs cost accumulation activities as an effective member of the target costing group
- Handles other essential cost accounting related activities as required
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
California University, California in the year 2003
Bachelor’s Degree in Cost Accounting
Institute of Business Studies and Research, California State in the year 2000
License Certified Management Accountant, California in the year 2004
Name: James Fred
Date of Birth: 13/01/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request