A well structured and organized resume is essential in the process of searching the right job. It is necessary to know the format and content relevant to the applied position. A lot has been discussed on effective resume writing. This carpenter resume contains all the features for creating an impressive resume. You can learn more on the skills and job responsibilities of the position.
A carpenter works in a large construction industry or in small construction houses. Specific tasks of a carpenter include constructing, repairing, restoring, and installing structural woodwork and related materials. A carpenter plays an essential role in almost every facet of the construction industry. He/she is an expert in the field of commercial construction as well as in residential building and structural maintenance.
This resume will help you to gain perfection in the art of drafting a professional resume.
Sample Carpenter Resume
Marc R. RHOADES
401 Bright wood Dr.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60312
Summary of Objective:
To obtain the position of a carpenter and utilize my experience in building items like furniture and other repairing work in a recognized construction industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of carpentry tools, equipment and materials
- Skilled in estimating time and materials needed for assigned work projects
- In-depth knowledge of cabinet-making techniques and has the ability to read and interpret blueprints and building specifications
- Advance knowledge of various methods and techniques of repairing, constructing and installing wooden materials
- Excellent knowledge of handling carpentry works with ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Knowledge of operating tools like lather, planers, shapers, drills, Sanders and joiners
- Familiar with workplace safety and safe lifting procedures
- Possess excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills
Paradise Resident, Illinois
June 2005 till date
- Responsible for constructing, repairing, restoring and installing structures like doors, floors, walls, stairways, windows, furniture, cabinets, shelves, and roofs
- Perform tasks of installing locks, hinges, knobs, closures, and other fixtures to structures
- Handle all tasks on the areas and aspects of construction project
- Perform tasks like drilling and setting door hardware, setting windows, and layout for stairs and common rafters
- Handle the complete project by reading blueprints and following design specifications
- Perform all other tasks as per the instructions of lead carpenter
Terence Construction, Illinois
April 2001 to May 2004
- Work from blueprints, sketches, and drawings to determine materials and equipment required to accomplish the job
- Communicate results to the working foreman for review and changes as required
- Lay out work, saws, cuts, joins, glues, and assemble rough framing, lumber and allied materials in repairing buildings including window screen
- Construct new screens, addition to existing buildings and renovations
- Evaluate and adhere to the construction schedule provided by the Working Foreman
- Install wood in windows, walls, doors, dry walls, acoustic soundproofing, thermal insulation in walls and ceilings
- Build closets, shelves, counters, cabinets, bulletin boards, doors, white boards, wall panels and other related finish carpentry items
Achieved Diploma in High School
Christiana High School, Illinois in the year 1997
Name: Marc R. RHOADES
Date of Birth: 23.05.1974
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Married
Will be furnished upon request