Writing an appealing resume is important in today’s competitive job market. A number of resumes are scanned by hiring managers, but a few get responses. This leaves confusion in the mind of the applicants. This section features a banquet coordinator resume. The resume brings into forth the key sections of building professional sample. Get all the complete and impressive ideas of writing resume.
A banquet coordinator works in a hospitality and food service industry. Banquet coordinator markets and promotes services, supervising the setting of facilities, and taking care of banquet area, chairs and tables. A banquet coordinator is also known as banquet planner.
The below resume is a guide to create a professional resume. You can review the sample and make changes as per your job requirement.
Sample Banquet Coordinator Resume
66 S. Bailey Ct.
Baton Rouge, LA 70332
Cell: 504- 666-4557
To obtain the position of a banquet coordinator utilizing my customer service and management skills in areas of food service in a luxurious hotel.
- Extensive knowledge of the styles and techniques of food preparation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of health department pertaining to food service
- Familiar with liquor laws and regulations
- Possess excellent organizational, leadership and people management skills
- Flexible and has the ability to work efficiently with less supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Processor, Spreadsheet and Outlook
- Possess effective relationship building and communication skills
- Organized, resourceful and has the ability to handle multiple tasks
Orchid Hotel, Los Angles
January 2004 till date
- Assist and provide administrative support to the Banquet director in maintaining administrative matters, cost controls, promotions, scheduling, payroll, human resource matters, and budget controls
- Determine staffing levels, create and maintain the department’s schedule
- Responsible for processing departmental payroll and maintaining attendance controllers
- Maintain the Banquet Event Order book and prepare it for daily B.E.O. meetings
- Handle the tasks of designing all posters, flyers, tent cards, food signs, signage for Banquet functions
- Coordinate banquet meetings and provide administrative support to the Banquet Director
- Perform all other administrative tasks like taking meeting minutes, posting memos and handling due dates
Portmart Hotel & Resort, Los Angles
March 2000 to December 2003
- Coordinate with clients to coordinate menus and beverage services for banquets
- Responsible for making arrangement of equipment like projectors, computers, and office supplies
- Follow up with clients and vendors to ensure the banquet will meet expectations and run smoothly
- Handle the tasks of collecting deposits from the clients before the event and final payment after
Responsible for marketing and publicizing the events
- Perform responsibilities of hiring and supervising security and caterers
- Handle other administrative and supervisory tasks under the instructions of banquet manager
Achieved bachelor’s degree in finance
University of Los Angles in the year 1997
Name: Mathew Lawrence
Date of Birth: 23/07/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request