Accounts payable specialist resume should contain the summary of your profile. Mention all the relevant details that correspond to this post from your profile. An accounts payable specialist is required to know the basic accounting principle and the related work flow corresponding to it.
Accounts payable specialist handles and reviews invoices and bills sent out by the organization. They ensure that the cost of bill matches with the billing records. Accounts payable specialist makes sure that the bills are paid accurately and quickly.
Any accountant has to perform certain basic duties that relate to the accounting department, and these will be performed by an accounts payable specialist too. These duties will of course be relevant to the organization that they work for. For example, a trading company’s accountant profile is different from an IT organization.
This page will give you tips of writing a good accounts payable specialist resume.
Here is a resume sample that will aid you to learn more about the skills, qualifications and job responsibilities of the profile.
This resume covers sections like career objectives, skills and job responsibilities of the applicant. This complete resume will give you clear ideas on how to draft a resume that meets the requirement of your employer.
A resume is an advertisement to your complete profile; therefore make use of this opportunity to advertise your profile. Write a sensible resume that will both attract and enable the recruiter to look at your profile.
Sample Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
1234 Main Court
To obtain the position of an Accounts Payable Specialist wherein my progressive five years of accounting experience can be utilized.
Summary of Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of mathematical concepts
- Familiar with accounting methods, standards and procedures
- Advance knowledge of accounts-related software and basic computer applications
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles and standards
- Highly organized, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and possess good communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with multitasking skills
- Detail oriented and ability to handle large volume of paperwork
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounts payable
Summary of Work History
SAN Achievement Solutions, California
June 2005–till date
Accounts Payable Analyst
- Responsible for compiling, reviewing and processing invoices, purchase orders and expense reports with accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Communicates with vendors to build and maintain good relationships
- Handles tasks like verifying and posting invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, to accounts payable ledger for the purpose of reviewing by accounts payable manager
- Prepares, scans, files and maintains accounts payable records
- Verifies accuracy of accounts statement by comparing accounts payable source with vendor accounts details
- Updates pertinent information to the accounting staff as required
Pacific Services, California
April 2003–December 2004
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Responsible for monitoring and supervising the budget and overall spending of the organization
- Prepares audit utility, analysis of accounts, invoices and statements for actual payments due
- Maintains weekly and monthly filing as well as prepares accounts payable checks
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for solving expenses and invoice report discrepancies
- Handles other assigned projects as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Institute of Finance, California in the year 2000
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), California State in the year 2001
Name: Mike Fernando
Date of Birth: 13/1/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request.