Accounts payable officer resume has to be written in a very enticing manner. You should take measures to write a perfect resume. Because, a resume is an introduction to your profile. There are a few tips that are useful before preparing your resume:
- Collect all the relevant details beforehand
- Make a draft with the details
- Format the draft, for example, restructure the details accordingly, as required
After you are done with the draft, take your time to make a resume. Include all the necessary points, such as your interest in the specific career, credentials supporting your interest and so on, in the resume.
An accounts payable officer works in small and large business settings. Their roles vary according to the organization they work for. However, the general job responsibilities of an accounts payable clerk includes posting credits and debits to the company ledger, depositing cash or checks ,producing financial statements, preparing purchases and producing invoices of the same. They play a vital role in the working of an organization.
Below is a resume sample that will guide you towards creating a unique template.
We have provided all the vital sections of building a good accounts payable officer resume. This resume is carefully drafted to meet your requirement. You can refer to this sample to give you clear ideas of writing a good resume. This resume will surely guide you to create an effective resume in an easy way.
Sample Accounts Payable Officer Resume
2365 S Mayfield Ave
Chicago, IL 60652
Cell phone: 123-555-1234
Get a job as an Accounts Payable Officer to make extensive use of my skills and proficiency in a renowned organization.
Areas of Interest
- In-depth knowledge of the process and procedures of accounts payable transactions
- Highly skilled in risk management and data entry
- Extensive knowledge of software accounting packages and basic computer applications like Spreadsheet, word processor and the Internet
- Detail oriented with organizational and good time management skills
- Good command over spoken and written communication with excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and ability to work in a dynamic working environment
Professional Work Experience
Chicago Foods and Beverages Inc, Chicago
June 2005—till date
Accounts Payable Officer
- Responsible for processing wire transfers, check requests, and handling payments
- Prepares and keeps records of all transactions as well as monitors accounts to ensure up-to-date payments
- Perform the tasks of reviewing check requests and transaction invoices and prepares the same for payment
- Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly reports as well as analyze the accounts
- Correspond with vendors and solves queries, if any
- Responsible for recording the expenses for the purpose of tax payment
BM Finance and Accounting, Chicago
April 2003—December 2004
Accounts Payable Officer
- Responsible for processing and reviewing supplier invoice
- Ensures that payments are accurate and made according to the terms and conditions of the organization
- Performs the tasks of reconciling the invoices and statements of creditors
- Responsible for providing credit applications, reviewing subcontractor and supplier set up forms
- Handles responsibilities like filing documents and solves queries if any
- Performs other essential tasks as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Finance and Accounting Ins, University of Chicago in the year 2000
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chicago State in the Year 2001
Name: Paul Smith
Date of Birth: 13/1/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request.