Accounting major resume has to highlight the duties and responsibilities that you possessed in your previous experience. The recruiter probably looks for the key points in your resume, which correspond to the job profile that they are hiring for. Write your experience clearly and mention all the relevant details in a clear and distinct format that is both easy on the eyes and informative.
An accountant major provides a vital service to businesses and individuals. Accountant majors can apply for positions like management accountant, government accountant, public accountant and internal auditor accountant. The main role of a major accountant is to provide good accounting services to individuals and business firms.
A resume should contain the key points that make the recruiter see that you are the right candidate for the specified job profile. It is the first introduction the recruiter gets about you and your job profile. Therefore make use of it to communicate what you require to communicate to the recruiter.
Below is an effective and optimized resume sample that will meet the requirement of your prospective employer.
This professional accounting major resume contains a complete guide towards drafting a good resume. This sample resume highlights all the competencies, skills and professional experience of the applicant. This resume will probably create a great impact on your hiring manager. Feel free to make necessary changes and prepare a job-winning resume for yourself.
Sample Major Accountant Resumes
69 N. Grant Street, Mid Lake City, California 84301
Phone: 988 598 1331
To acquire an Accounts Major position where I can maximize my accounting skills and knowledge to achieve the goals of the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and methods
- Familiar with local, state, federal as well as the principles of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advance knowledge of auditing and accounting software
- Good mathematical knowledge with excellent logical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of tax filings, tax laws and financial concepts
- Sound knowledge of major operating applications like MS Excel, MS Word and Internet
- Multitasking skills and pays attention to detail with ability to work under pressure
Avaya Solutions Inc, California
June 2005–till date
- Maintains proper financial statements of the organization and pay taxes properly and on time
- Builds and maintains good relationship with prospective clients
- Prepares financial statements by analyzing and compiling the monthly and annual accounts information
- Ensures that financial records are maintained in line with the accepted policies and procedures
- Creates as well as analyze balance sheets of the organization
- Make use of accounting information systems in evaluating the profit and loss of the organization
- Handles other accounting tasks as required
ABC Corporation, California
April 2001–May 2004
- Responsible for developing and maintaining financial data bases of the organization
- Performs the tasks of preparing accurate financial management reports
- Assist senior accountants in audit process and audit preparation
- Performs tasks like internal reporting, tax planning, external auditing and reporting financial statements
- Prepares as well as verify financial statements and data
- Develop, implement and control cash management operation of the organization
- Hires, trains and supervise a team of account staff
Master’s degree in Accounting
California University in the year 2000
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Institute of Financial Studies, California in the year 1997
Certified Public Accountant, California State in the year 2001
Name: Annie Smith
Date of Birth: 23/ 5/1974
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Married
Will be furnished upon request.