Accounting director resume should be a very professional document. Accounting directors lead an accounting department, therefore their resumes should be a complete summary of their experience and credentials.
Accounting departments of various companies differ from each other. Therefore, the accounting director has to accommodate themselves with various job profiles. They have to get to know the company’s requirements and fulfill the duties accordingly.
For this reason, only a person with vast knowledge of accounting field is recruited for this profile.
Your job experience section should dominate your resume. Include this section in a very clear manner. Take your time to gather all the relevant information that you think are necessary to go into a resume. Align them and arrange them in grammatically correct English in your resume.
An accounting director has to oversee the whole activities of the accounting department. Accounting director possesses deep knowledge and business acumen with sharp accounting skills. Their main role is to review the work of staff accountants.
This well-organized and well-written accounting director resume will help you to portray yourself as a professional person with high standards. This resume contains important sections that will persuade your hiring manager. We hope that this resume helps you prepare a good resume for yourself.
Below is a great resume that will let you know more on how to create an effective resume for the profile.
Sample Accounting Director Resume
1234 Main Court
Phone: 257 356 7895
To work as an Accounting Director and play a key role in handling accounting activities in a reputed organization.
Summary of Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles and statutory accounting procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance and accounting practices, principles and procedures
- Good time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Sound logical and analytical skills
- Effective management skills and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to develop, coach and lead the accounting group
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with internal and external management, departmental staff and business units
- Advance knowledge of business-related software systems and Microsoft Office Suite
Summary of Work History
ABC Insurance Inc, California
June 2005–till date
- Responsible for development and performance activities of subordinate staff in line with the strategies of the organization
- Handles the tasks, and ensuring timely and accurate reporting and recording of operating results
- Administers and implements the accounting procedures, policies and practices
- Interprets variances from budgets and standards and provides financial analysis to the management
- Ensures proper maintenance of cost accounting, general accounting and accounts payable and receivable
- Develops strategic budget plans with the management team
- Approves reports and reviews the work in progress
- Determines that complex transactions are handled properly
MEDRS Group, California
April 2003–December 2004
- Responsible for supervising and reviewing the daily activities of staff accountants
- Ensures that the accounting transactions of the organization is in line with International Financial Reporting Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Handles complete quarterly and monthly close process
- Responsible for preparing and consolidating financial statement of the organization
- Updates financial reports and issues to the executive management team of the organization
- Provides financial information, insight and interpretation of the future budget
Master’s degree in Accounting
California University, California in the year 2003
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Accounting College, California State in the year 2000
Certified Public Accountant, California in the year 2004
Name: Darcy Lawrence
Date of Birth: 13/1/1978
Employment Status: Full time
Relationship status: Single
Will be pleased to furnish upon request.